Rhythm resonates so deeply.
It transcends barriers imposed by culture, language, status. Drum Cafe leverages the stunning power of rhythm to engage people quickly and emotionally. As a world leader in interactive drumming, we have a number of teams across the United States, Canada and the world that create unparalleled corporate team building and entertainment events. We travel to each event with hundreds and sometimes thousands of drums in tow. We love what we do because at every turn, we find great meaning behind our work. We shift attitudes and effect change.
Natalie Spiro came to the USA in 2000 from South Africa with a Masters Degree in Industrial Psychology and an MBA in Corporate Strategy and Marketing. San Diego was a far cry from her life in Johannesburg, but her insatiable curiosity and hunger to make an impact wherever she lived and worked led her on a passionate path to understand corporate culture in America. She held positions in top global firms within the financial services and hospitality industries, including holding a senior position at the corporate offices of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. Natalie’s African sensibilities ultimately connected her back to her passion for community and collaboration. She became an owner/partner in the world-wide Drum Cafe organization in 2002— and from this point forward, Natalie’s professional destiny came into clear view.
Natalie has personally facilitated interactive drumming programs for more than 30,000 people. Her clients have been from every sector—high-tech, health, government, transportation, hospitality, education, finance, media, and telecommunications. She has close ties with some of the most powerful brands in the world including Google, Virgin Airlines, Microsoft, Yahoo, Intel and eBay. She is a certified transformational and Integrative life-coach, has delivered a TEDx FiDI talk on the power of “Ubuntu” and is developing workshops that tie her interactive keynote programs into one-to-one learning opportunities. Her passion for her work continues to expand both her industrial expertise and her personal convictions around individual growth, abundance and success.
Historic Highlights of Drum Cafe
- Drum Cafe drummers open 2010 World Cup Football South Africa with Shakira, K’naan
- Nike appoints Drum Cafe to motivate 18,000 in Barcelona, Spain 2010.
- Drum Cafe performs for Nelson Mandela’s 90th Birthday – participants included Elton John, Lewis Hamilton, Robert De Niro, Uma Thurman, Oprah Winfrey, Denzel Washington and Will Smith.
- Beijing Olympics – Drum Cafe drummers open games, welcomes 200 countries, plays to 1 billion.
- Drum Cafe with Bill Clinton, Tony Blair, John Howard and world leaders at a diplomatic event with Heads of State
- 46664 Concert for Nelson Mandela, interactive drumming for Business in The Community with Prince Charles as patron, 1,000 business leaders, London, 2002 – 2004
- Unifem’s 30th Anniversary – with host Nicole Kidman – Hilton Hotel NYC – May 2006
- Launch of Coca-Cola’s Lemon Lite
- Taipei, Taiwan: Foxconn annual conference 2008 – 10,000 people
- Elite Model of the Year, Nice, France, 300 finalists with Jonny Casablanca, September 1999
- SAP Germany conference in Stuttgart, 2,500 people, February 2003
- 5-piece drumming for President George W. Bush on his visit to South Africa, July 2003
- Drum Cafe drum at Buckingham Palace for The Queen of England, during Golden Jubilee celebrations, watched by the entire Royal family and millions around the world, 2002
- Drum Cafe drum at the Atlanta premiere of ‘King Kong’.
- Nelson Mandela’s 85th birthday, Gold Reef City, 200
- Performed at Women’s World Cup Cricket, as players come onto field. Music written by the Drum Cafe
- The Tri-nations Rugby, 25,000 drums given to audience
- Drum Cafe’s successful interactive theatre show, “Drumstruck” has been an Off-Broadway production in New York from May 2005 til now! Those that have watched the show include Nicole Kidman and Rosie O’Donnell, etc.
- Interactive drumming for Microsoft Tech-ed, Amsterdam. 6,000 people, June 2004.
- Drum Cafe drums up tunes with 2005 Australian Idols.
- Interactive drumming, Woolworths, 4800 people drum together at Sydney Entertainment Centre, 2005.
- 8 events for Amway China, largest 2,400 people, total of 13,800 people making music with the Drum Cafe, 2005.
- Drum Cafe drums with J8 Junior representatives, G8 Summit, Edinburgh, Scotland, 180 people, July 2005.
- Old Mutual Road Show, 2,020 people, September 2001.
- Nedcor Road Show, 2,170 people, December 2002.